Quote:]
"I cant remember why we fell apart
From something that was so meant to be
Forever was the promise in our hearts
Now more and more I wonder where you are…
--Brian McKnight"
Whatever the case, I'm going to drop a cat out of the bag regarding females . Typically, when we let go of someone who wasn't conducive to our emotional health... wait, I always cover up my personal emotions with pronouns that make it seem like I'm speaking about a collective group or someone else. Let me speak for self.
Proceeding: If you were in my life, but you've become a thing of the past, I don't wish you harm. I wish you well, and I probably miss whatever it is about you that I found attention worthy. Here's the cat: I'm not all that worried about the rate of your souls progression because it no longer affects me, your love life is of no interest to me either... I just want to know that I'll be missed. Maybe not in the same capacity or way that I'll miss you, but just in general.
I don't want to be a person you look back on with regret about how you handled the relationship. I'm not the vindictive type, I don't want every day of your life to be one which involves suffering without me. I just want to know that I made enough impact on your life to the point where my absence leaves enough void for missing to occur. I don't need this large revelation where you come back around pledging your allegiance to me- it's never that deep. [not to mention: driving backwards is how you get into accidents]
...I just want to cross your mind and put a smirk on your face every now and then. Plain and simple. I'm just a girl, man.
-- Poetic Justice

No comments:
Post a Comment