God doesn't give you the people you want; He gives you the people you NEED... to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be.
These past few weeks have truly been a test of my faith. I can truly say that I've been thrown a numerous amounts of stones and instead of throwing them back over time I've collected them and began building my castle.
During these brief hiatus I took some time to evaluate the people who were in and out of life and their contribution to it...some I wanted, Some I needed and others just had no business being around. It was just a matter of time before I could identify the difference between the three...
People are so easily caught up in the valuing what others think about them instead of doing what it is that truly makes them happy in life. Afraid of what others may think or say. I was once a victim of this but I have realized that while doing what makes you happy you shouldn't have to compromise for others. DO YOU for you and only you!
I have found that the key to happiness is by living on the border of sanity and insanity, joy and pain, love and hate, freedom and addiction and sometimes...I choose both!
I woke up around 2am this week and just sat and had a conversation with God. Scared and enlightened at the same time, it was such a feeling that I can't describe. It was at that very moment that I surrendered to God. You'd be amazed at the doors that open when you finally let go and let god.
I woke up the next morning in such a good mood nothing could break my joy. If I could share that feeling of utopia, i would wish it with the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment