I love you.
Love is one of the greatest forms of pleasure and pain we enjoy and endure. People say I like…, I appreciate…, I have feelings for…, because they are trying to consciously limit a pure, and unlimited experience such as love.
I don’t think love is simply an emotion. I believe it’s an experience. It’s the physical act of appreciating and supporting someone else and the emotional act of trusting that it’s worth it. Not trusting that the love is returned… simply trusting that the love is worth investing.
Love is selfless. When we consciously add expectations from others or base it on the “love” of others, it begins to break down. It becomes conditional: the value of it lessens, the passion disappears and we “fall out of love.”
I love anyone I have ever said it to: family, friends, and interests. Whether I have known them for a few months, or my entire life, means no difference to that love. Patience, confidence, and support are relevant to the person, but the emotion I have for them and importance to my life is concrete.
I don’t expect to be loved back, but what person doesn’t want to? We all prefer to be loved and appreciated and have that love returned. I know fully well hat I open myself up to heartache and strife, but it’s an attitude and outlook on love that I have dedicated my heart to. I am offended however, when my love is doubt. I’m sorry if you’re unwilling to love, or have been manipulated by others in the name of love, but that’s not my fault.
I’ll still be there though… because I got mad love for you.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment