Thursday, December 2, 2010

a painted smile.

People think I handle stress so well. I deal with drama and hardship flawlessly.

I don’t.

When I’m alone it eats at me. It’s torment and I’ve done anything and, in the past, anything to make it go away. I am not above depression. I am pursuing happiness just like the next American, yet I’m no where near it.

I can smile though.

I don’t look like any “Forever Alone” meme, smiling while tears stream down my face. I don’t laugh in the face of pain and heartache, I don’t get any satisfaction from having to cut people off.

I can find joy in life. There’s something to laugh at. There are people I can appreciate and have a good time with. When the situation allows for it, I’m not going to reject an opportunity to smile.

I’m not going to let any problem or hardship sap my sense of humor or darken my outlook on life.

No comments: